Residential Moving Company
For a Quick & Stress-Free Move
Whether you’re moving to Longueuil, Quebec City or Gaspésie, trust the experts at Déménagement Ste-Julie inc. for a quick, stress-free move. We provide professional residential moving services tailored to your needs. Our turnkey service is greatly appreciated by everyone, from busy young families to seniors, who want to avoid the headaches that often come with planning a move.
We handle the whole process from A to Z, from packing and loading to off-loading and installations at your new residence. You won’t have to worry about a thing, knowing that your belongings are in the hands of experienced professionals. Your satisfaction is our main priority!
Please note that our residential moving services include piano transportation. However, we do not move pianos when it’s the only thing that needs to be moved.
Planning Your Move
Moving day is just around the corner. You want to start to planning your move, but not sure where to start? Here are some steps that’ll help you get ready for the big move:
- Find someone to help you.
- Make a list of your all items and take pictures of them. Don’t leave any jewelry or money. Carry these items on your own.
- If necessary, prepare a layout plan of where each item should be placed once arrived at the final destination. This will save you a lot of time on moving day.
- Don’t use large boxes as these are usually too difficult to move.
- Be sure to properly pack the items so that the box is well filled which will prevent objects from moving around in the box during the move.
- Properly seal each boxes with tape to solidify them.
- Remember to put a label on boxes with FRAGILE items.
- Also label each box according to its contents (dishes, bedding, sports equipment, garage tools) and the room where it will be placed at the final destination (ex: kitchen, living room, garage).
- Always place the label on the side and not on the top of the box. Use a red marker to indicate which boxes to unpack first.
- Upon arrival at the final destination, place labels on the doors of each room to make it easier for you to settle in your new home.
The Day before the Move
- Reserve a spot for the truck at the entrance of your home or office.
- Dismantle any furniture that needs to be taken apart in order to facilitate the move (unless the mover is taking care of it).
- Prepare a kit with all your essential items (hygienic products, dishes, utensils, sheets, medication, etc.) for the next 24 hours after the move in case of an emergency.
- Prepare a cooler with water, juice, snacks and other supplies for moving day.
- Keep some cash for any small expenses.
- Unplug all your appliances including your refrigerator.
- Ensure that the movers have the correct address of the final destination.
- Make sure that each room is empty after the movers are done.Check the electricity meter.
- Take out the garbage.
- Shut off the water, close and lock the windows and doors, and turn off the lights when leaving.
- Return the keys to the landlord.